The number of customizations available for “modern” pages keeps on growing, and in this article, we’ll provide details and examples of the supported options. The SharePoint team is working to support more options in the future.
The following list gives a quick overview of the supported capabilities for “modern” pages:
- Custom branding
- Adding “modern” pages programmatically
- Adding, deleting, and updating client-side web parts on “modern” pages
- Alternative layouts (see note on SharePoint Virtual Summit)
These customizations are currently not supported for “modern” pages:
- Adding “classic” web parts on “modern” pages
- Custom CSS via AlternateCSSUrl web property
- Custom master pages (more extensive branding will be supported later using alternative options)
- Minimal Download Strategy (MDS)
And knowing is half the battle in SharePoint.